Rural Financial Counselling Service
- We cover 34 Local Government Areas.
- We cover an area of 217,279.9 km2 which is 2.5% of Australia’s land mass.
- Our region contains 1,375,380 people which is 5.5% of the total population.
- Our region produces $5.5 billion in agricultural output which is 10% of the total output for Australia.
- 40% of our population is over 50. 20.6% of the regions population are above 65.
- 25,000 people in our region are employed in the Agriculture industry.
- There are 77,721 businesses in our region and 14,045 are in agriculture the next seconded by the construction industry at 13,794 businesses.
We help 750 financially distressed farmers a year to:
- understand their financial position and the viability of their enterprise;
- develop and implement plans to improve their self-sufficiency; and
- identify, apply and meet the requirements of Government assistance
200 clients exit our service a year because we have helped them to:
- Improve their financial viability; or
- Sell their property and exit the industry
It costs the Government $8,800 per outcome.
A small price to pay to support farmers and their families to exit the industry safely and with dignity or to improve their financial viability.
The 2019 Financial year has seen a number of changes at the RFCS NSW-SR, all of which combine to mean we are better placed than ever to serve the farming community across southern NSW.
We employ 25 highly qualified Rural Financial Counsellors and Administrative staff. Our 2018/19 Annual Report showcases the work our rural counsellors and support staff do day in, day out.
This year we have worked on strategies to proactively reach out to our communities to build awareness and demonstrate the value of the service we offer. To do this we are actively encouraging leaders in our communities, service partners and business specialists to become members of our organisation to not only have a voice for their local communities but to become ambassadors for RFCS and their community.
What can we assist you with?
Search here to find assistance that is right for your farming enterprise.
Take some of the pressure off your farm spend by getting a hand at home.