Available Assistance Snapshot
No one is left high and dry.
The RFCS is here to offer a free (and confidential) helping hand to anyone working on the land or sea.
Whether you’re in agriculture, forestry or fishing, tough conditions can leave even the most seasoned of us feeling exasperated and facing financial exhaustion. And while working in rural and remote areas creates isolation, help is never far away.
Our dedicated, experienced team provides business advice, financial guidance and referrals to 750 farmers across more than 217,000 square kilometres each year. Rain, hail, or shine.
1. Farm Innovation Fund
- Up to $250k per project and $500k in total
- 5% interest rate.
- Up to 20 year term.
- Eligible projects include, improve farm infrastructure, address risk, ensure long-term productivity, sustainable land use.
2. DROUGHT ASSISTANCE FUND
- Max $50K
- Interest free
- Repayment free for 2 years.
- 7-year term
3. EMERGENCY WATER INFRASTRUCTURE REBATE SCHEME
- Rebate of 25% for eligible works
- Max rebate of $25k
- Eligible activities include, water infrastructure works, pumps,
de-silting, bore drilling, tanks and troughs for stock water.
4. TRANSPORT SUBSIDY EMERGENCY DROUGHT RELIEF
- Transport subsidy up to 50% of total freight cost.
- Max $5 per km to max distance of 1500 km.
- $40,000 per farm business over 18 months from 1st January 2018.
5. CENTRELINK FARM HOUSEHOLD ALLOWANCE
- Couples up to $12k in lump sum payments.
- Single households up to $7.2k lump sum payments
- Fortnightly payments to farm households experiencing financial hardship.
- Activity supplement worth $3k.
6. REGIONAL INVESTMENT CORPORATION CONCESSIONAL LOANS
- Regional Investment Corporation are federally funded, broadly either drought funding or investment loans. Up to $2 million, 3.58% variable interest.