Available Assistance Snapshot
No one is left high and dry.
The RFCS is here to offer a free (and confidential) helping hand to anyone working on the land or sea.
Whether you’re in agriculture, forestry or fishing, tough conditions can leave even the most seasoned of us feeling exasperated and facing financial exhaustion. And while working in rural and remote areas creates isolation, help is never far away.
Our dedicated, experienced team provides business advice, financial guidance and referrals to 750 farmers across more than 217,000 square kilometres each year. Rain, hail, or shine.
1. Farm Innovation Fund
- Up to $1million in total
- 2.5% interest rate.
- Up to 20 year term.
- Eligible projects include, improve farm infrastructure, address risk, ensure long-term productivity, sustainable land use.
2. DROUGHT ASSISTANCE FUND
- Max $50K
- Interest free
- Repayment free for 2 years.
- 7-year term
3. EMERGENCY WATER INFRASTRUCTURE REBATE SCHEME
- Applications for assistance closed on 14 May 2020 due to the exhaustion of Commonwealth funding.
4. DROUGHT TRANSPORT SUBSIDY
- Transport subsidy up to 50% of total freight cost.
- Max $7.5 per km for B-Doubles.
- $40,000 per farm business for 2019-20 financial year
- Addition of fodder, seed, fertiliser and chemical claimable back to 1 January 2018.
5. CENTRELINK FARM HOUSEHOLD ALLOWANCE
- Fortnightly payments to farm households experiencing financial hardship.
6. REGIONAL INVESTMENT CORPORATION CONCESSIONAL LOANS
- Regional Investment Corporation are federally funded, broadly either drought funding or investment loans. Up to $2 million, 3.58% variable interest.