On Farm Assistance
Farm Innovation Fund
The Farm Innovation Fund provides loans to assist farmers within New South Wales to carry out capital works.
This loan can be used to:
- refinancing existing debt to free up cashflow
- operating costs like outstanding bills, employee labour
- drought preparedness, management and recovery activities
- productivity enhancements and infrastructure to future-proof farm businesses
Loans of up to $250,000 per project are available.
Total assistance available for all eligible measures is $500,000 at any one time.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible, you must:
- own or operate a farm enterprise in NSW where the proposed work is to be carried out
- show that the farm enterprise under normal conditions provides at least 50% of your total gross income
not have gross off farm assets exceeding $5,000,000
- demonstrate that the work you wish to carry out will have significant impact on the land, your farming enterprise and will help you to prepare for adverse seasonal conditions
- demonstrate that your farm enterprise is sustainable in the long term and will be able to repay the loan
- have the security required for the loan
- lodge your application for the loan before commencing the project
- show that your proposed works are part of your Farm Business and Risk Assessment Plan.