On Farm Assistance
Farm Investment Loan
The Regional Investment Corporation (RIC) offers low interest government-funded loans to farmers in need.
Their Farm Investment Loan can be used for any farm business related activity including:
- refinancing existing debt to free up cashflow
- operating costs like outstanding bills, employee labour
- drought preparedness, management and recovery activities
- productivity enhancements and infrastructure to future-proof farm businesses
Why you should apply:
- no ongoing fees or charges
- repayments can be tailored to the cashflow of the farm business
- refinance or borrow up to $2 million
- variable interest rate of 3.58% (reviewed six monthly)
- their loan assessment team understands agribusiness
- loan term is 10 years – the first five years are interest only. Pay some principal in remaining five years and refinance remaining debt with a commercial lender at the end of the loan.
Call the RFCS to discuss your circumstances.
We are well versed in the application process and the application process.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible, you must:
- be an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- contribute at least 75% of your labour to the farm business (under normal circumstances)
- earn at least 50% of your income from the farm business (under normal circumstances).
Additionally, the farm business you are running must:
- solely or mainly sell products into supply chains that are interstate or outside Australia, or plan to in the future
- have existing commercial debt
- be registered for tax purposes in Australia with an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- be in financial need of a loan
- have the capacity to repay the loan
- operate as a sole trader, trust, partnership or private company
- be in the agriculture, horticulture, pastoral, apiculture, or aquaculture industry.