Farm Household Allowance (FHA) provides assistance to farming families experiencing financial hardship.
The program focuses on helping farmers make important decisions to improve their long-term financial situation. There are four key elements to the program:
- A fortnightly payment and supplementary allowances such as rent assistance, telephone and pharmaceutical allowances and a Health Care Card
- Individual case support with a Farm Household Case Officer (FHCO) and a Rural Financial Counsellor (RFC)
- A financial assessment of the farm enterprise up to $1,500
- A $4,000 activity supplement that gives farmers an opportunity to develop skills, access training and pay for advice to better manage their business into the future
- The amount of Farm Household Allowance payable depends on your individual circumstances.
Call the RFCS to discuss your circumstances. 1800 319 458
We are well versed in the application process and can help you step by step.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible, you must:
- be a farmer or the partner of a farmer
- be 16 years of age or older
- meet the income and assets test
- contribute labour and capital to an Australian farm, or are the partner of a farmer who does
- meet residency rules
- have had less than four years of Farm Household Allowance.