On Farm Assistance
Emergency Water Rebate Infrastructure Scheme
Eligible farmers can access a 25 percent rebate – up to $25,000 – on new purchases and installation costs for new on-farm water infrastructure to help them in the current drought and be better prepared for future dry conditions.
The On-Farm Emergency Water Infrastructure Rebate scheme can be applied to:
- new purchases and installation of:
- water storages
- water pumps
- de-silting dams
- drilling of new stock water bores and associated infrastructure including:
- desalinisation plants
- power supply such as generators.
Farmers will be eligible to apply through PIRSA for the rebates, which will also cover eligible work undertaken since 1 July 2018.
Are you eligible?
To be eligible to access funding under the rebate scheme:
- a) You are a property owner, share-farmer or lessee in the grazing industry
- b) You operate as a sole trader, partnership, trust or private company
- c) Your property is located in one of the drought affected areas
- d) As the owner and operator,
- you earn more than 50% of your gross income from your Primary Production Business under normal seasonal circumstances;
- You have commenced your farming operation between 1 July 2015 and 30 June 2018 and 50% of your gross income will be derived from your Primary Production Business within three years of the date of your Application. Eligibility of new entrants will be considered on a case by case basis
- The water infrastructure in respect of your Application is installed for livestock permanently residing on your property.
The program guidelines and application form are available on the PIRSA website: http://www.pir.sa.gov.au/onfarm-water-rebate